Junior Risk Management Associate
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
As a result of our robust growth, our Risk Management Team is currently seeking to add a Junior Risk Management Associate to our existing team, in our Saint John, N.B. office.
- Responsible for preparing proper documentation to file a claim and processing claims into the company’s system. Verifying insurance coverage and handling paperwork related to claim settlements.
- Responsible for general administrative and clerical work in a professional corporate environment.
- Responsible for contacting individuals to obtain the information necessary to process claims.
- Responsible for electronic database management, record keeping, file maintenance, and reporting.
- Responsible for requesting and reviewing certificates of insurance for vendors.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, as needed.
- Possess strong organizational skills, as well as, an attention to detail. Claims professionals are often responsible for both the opening and final processing of claims, it is important that they pay close attention to their work and perform it in a diligent manner.
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to create a strong and communicative relationships; while being polite and patient when dealing with difficult situations.
- Have outstanding customer service skills; a friendly and appealing personality to engage in positive interactions with clients and coworkers; listening carefully and understanding client’s inquiries to be able to assess and resolve any issues promptly.
- Have strong analytical skills; possessing a detail-oriented approach to analysis.
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills; problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Be resourceful, energetic, driven, structured, and displaying a strong desire to take initiative.
- Must have strong computer skills, and must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in Atlantic Canada and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke…simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.