Kelly Cove Salmon Ltd., a division of Cooke Aquaculture Inc., a dynamic and growing east coast family company, with Platinum Member status in the Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program has an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the Company’s Freshwater Team at our Oak Bay Genomics Center, NB facility.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
We have expanded our salmon breeding program for eastern Canada with the construction of a new Genetics Facility at Oak Bay, NB. As a result, we require Hatchery Technicians to help with early rearing and breeding activities associated with our new land-based facility.
Primary duties of this role include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the daily operations related to rearing of eggs, alevins, fry and juvenile Atlantic salmon.
• Monitor and maintain water quality in RAS.
• Data collection entry into inventory control program.
• Assist with spawning activities.
• Experience with early rearing of Atlantic salmon considered an asset.
• Experience with RAS considered an asset
• Good organizational skills, tidiness, and work ethic.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Preference will be given to applicants with post-secondary education in aquaculture.
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to work within the parameters of the role but to reach your fullest potential. We are a team that is driven to succeed. We count performance, we reward contribution and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of a growing, global leader in seafood and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke? Simple – we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.