Vice President, Sales
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
The Vice President of Sales will oversee North American sales team and effectively motivate and lead teams towards the attainment of strategic sales objectives and revenue targets. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Oversee Sales Directors and their team members motivating team to reach established targets and drive revenue
- Be the leader with respect to utilization of CRM software
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds the team accountable against business metrics
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships while focusing on our pipeline, forecasting, sales execution, reviewing deals, and driving revenue
- Develops sales targets and strategy to drive attainment of established targets
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts
- Attends sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives
- Analyzes sales data and trends to continue to recognize growth opportunities and opportunities to pivot
- Creates sales programs and training programs which can be monitored and show growth of the sales team
- Gathers and monitors information on competition and market trends; communicates information to senior leadership, sales directors and other team members as needed
- Communicates with marketing to create and maintain marketing campaigns, coordinate product launches, and create new opportunities
- Oversees preparation of sales proposals and tools; leads and participates in sales presentations
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships
- 8+ years of experience in a senior sales leadership role.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a flexible and innovative team player with a roll-up-the sleeves attitude and a hands-on approach
The role description is just one part of the story. This is an opportunity to grow, to stretch, to work within the parameters of the role but stretch to your fullest potential. We are a team that counts performance, we reward contribution, and we recognize talent. It is about being at the center of the fastest growing company in New Brunswick and knowing you are part of that growth. The ability to bring your passion for learning, desire for growth, and energy for moving your career forward is what we offer.
Why Cooke…simple because we are a company that rewards initiative, resourcefulness and work ethic. We will champion your growth and provide you with the platform to create your path, your career, and your future.